Design award for K Series toggle switch from Schaltbau
Schaltbau toggle switch Series K has been granted the iF product design award 2012. Donated in 1953, the award is a recognized seal for excellent product design the world over. Tricon Design AG, a company with a lot of expertise in traffic engineering, was commissioned by Schaltbau with the design of the switch.
Photo: Tricon Design AG
There was a competetion of 4,322 products from 48 countries for the award. In the end our toggle switch convinced the international jury with its elegant design and the quality of the materials used. It is already our second award-winning product. The NBS40 Series emergency brake handle was the first Schaltbau product to be recognized with a design award. This was in 1998.
Not only the design but also the features of the toggle switch are convincing:
- Central fixing
- Illuminated ring used as function indicator or for night design
- Cage clamp terminals at switch bottom
- Easy to mount
- Sealed to IP54 above mounting plate
- Sealed to IP40 below mounting plate
- 8 switching elements S880 max.
- Meets requirements of standard UIC 612